In the past Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore replica watch pieces were given to a certain glass ceiling with their capacity to get the details just right, but the Royal Oak has always been a favorite fake, so the effort to improve the piece has always been in earnest. There are models from as far back as the foreboding year of 2001 for this Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore, when sub-par stainless steel and shoddy Quartz movements were the lingua franca of replica watches and fakes were very easily called out even by less-learned watch hounds.
As time went on they saw their abilities checked by the transplant of the new ETA 7750 replica movements coming out of Asia, then as now. The trustworthiness of these components was at times a bit dodgy, but added a lot to the appearance of the watches. However, other elements of the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak fake watch remained problematic and made the watch fallible to being spotted. One example of this was the seconds subdail – its spot on the face was a little off at the nine o’clock hour marking. The real Royal Oak watch features the seconds subdial at the twelve o’clock marking, and places it at a distinctly different place than the 7750 does. If you sort of step back and take a look at the face overall it was not that hard to tell – mind you, it’s not a huge problem, but it must be noted of course for the sake of accuracy and accountability.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak copy Watch Review
There were also a few other misfit details that bear noting with the older Audemars Piguet replica:
1) The hour markings actually lacked the trademark luminosity of the original, and the Audemars Piguet logo was not exactly right, making the dial a little underwhelming.
2) Under the crystal of the dial there’s no cyclops which shouldn’t have been too hard to address.
3) The back of the casing was wrongly-engraved.
4) The band of the watch could have been better attached – as it was, it was fixed with pins and not screws. The band was also made of a kind of poor quality rubber.
5) The clasp if you compare the original to the fake was not accurate.
The Latest Royal Oak
The most recent Royal Oak Audemars Piguet replica has taken on most of these issues with marked results all in all. The 7750 replica movement has been altered to accommodate the subdial to the twelve o’clock position and give the dial more quality and a better authentic feel. Also, a cyclops has finally been added, rounding out the dial even more. Furthermore, the misspellings and the engravings have been taken care of which makes a big difference as well.
How To Spot A Replica Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
But there are always ways to spot replica watches. Here are few remaining flaws that could possibly give the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak replica away:
1) The real Royal Oak has a more refined case – the replica features a case that is a little too thick.
2) With the 7750 replica movement, the cyclops and the date window are a bit far on the right.
3) The real Royal Oaks have a really great and reliable luminosity when charged – the replicas don’t hav quite the same quality unfortunately.
4) The real Royal Oaks have their pushers a bit above the center of the case on the side – the replicas put their pushers right at the middle. The pushers made of rubber are also shaped a bit differently on the real thing versus the replica.
5) The casing and the band are often not very precisely fit on the replica.
6) As far as the clasp goes, sometimes the ones on the replica watches are bit tight and have to be man-handled a bit.
7) The replica of the Royal Oak – Safari version has a white dial when it actually should be a more creamy color.
Of course with replicas there will always be some problems – but the Royal Oak has in fact come a really long way when you take a look at the details. You can still pick out a fake from the real thing but it is a lot harder now. As with any replica, it pays to always take a very close at the materials, finish, component accuracy, and even peruse their other replicas to see what their consistency is like in terms of craftsmanship and accuracy. The Audemars Piguet replica discussed here doesn’t leave too much to be desired though and stands as a good example of how the replica industry responds to demands for quality upgrades.